Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayZander
Contributor
Contributor

Date (Year) dropdown interact with two different data sources

Hi

I use a simple table to show some data based on the chosen year or month. The data in this table is loaded from two different datasources, both are excel files.  Both files contain a field with a date value.

The first three fields in the table are loaded from excel-file-a., the next three are loaded from excel-file-b.

I build a dropdown above the table, loading one of the date fields from excel-file-a. The result: 2021, 2022,2023.

If i chose "2022" in the dropdown all the data in the first three fields are updates because the dropdown is filled with date-data from excel-file-a. The second three fields are not updated.

Iam looking for a way to update all of these six fields with one dropdown menu. I connected the field "name" in both excel-files, thats working without any problems but not for the date.

Thanks for help!

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Load Date, Year(Date) as Year, Field1, Field2, Field3

From File1;

Load Date, Year(Date) as Year, Field4, Field5, Field6

From File2;

This is a simple case, so this is the easiest way to get there. In a more complex case, you'd probably want to create a full calendar table.

JayZander
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your quick reply.

As a new user i dont know where to put that code.

As funtion code in the dropdown or table?