Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Romainscho1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date format switches after concatenating 2 files after upload

Hello everybody,

I tried to call Qlik sense support, but no one ever answers there. Submitting a case for Qlik Business is not available either, so I try my luck here.

We have 2 same excel files, with 2 different dates: mai and june extracted from our databse:

Romainscho1_0-1630332630343.png

Both times, excel sheets have the same date format. When I upload 2 files into qlik (I tried to upload mai and june first, with same result) the first excel has the good format date (DD.MM.YY). After uploading the second file with same format, the format date switches:

Romainscho1_1-1630332760522.png

This is very annoying since I can't use the date picker:

Romainscho1_2-1630332832070.png

How can I solve this issue?

Thx,

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

If you're using Data Load Editor, use either Date(YourField) or date#(YourField,'DD.MM.YYYY') as appropriate. If you're using Data Manager, try changing the field's type manually, or if that doesn't work, add a calculated field with one of the date functions as appropriate.

anthonyj
Creator III
Creator III

Along with @Or 's answer using the date# function, if you want the '.' separated format update the SET variables in the Main of your script:

SET DateFormat='DD.MM.YYYY';

Regards

Anthony

Romainscho1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, 

Thank you for your feedback. I understand what you are saying, but unfortunately I am not used to work with functions 🙂 While trying to add a calculated field using the above mentioned function, I get this:

Romainscho1_0-1630390343689.png

What am I missing here?

Thank you, 

Romainscho1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried to switch the format in the load editor too:

Romainscho1_1-1630390765499.png

Unfortunataly, it did not switch the date format for the 2nd month...