Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mj26
Partner - Contributor III

Deallocating my own license

Hi,

I'd like to inquire about the license. Is it possible if the user is permitted to deallocate his or her own license? If that's the case, will it have any implications if I deallocate its own license?

Appreciate your response.

Thank you!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ggijben
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @mj26 , 

If the user has sufficient rights in the QMC, then yes the user can deallocate his or her license.

This will have consequences in the hub because the user then can't open apps anymore.
It will not have consequences for their access to the QMC, because QMC access is not controlled by licenses but by user roles (by the underlying security rules). 

So if they would accidentally deallocate their license, they can easily reallocate it to themselves.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ggijben
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @mj26 , 

If the user has sufficient rights in the QMC, then yes the user can deallocate his or her license.

This will have consequences in the hub because the user then can't open apps anymore.
It will not have consequences for their access to the QMC, because QMC access is not controlled by licenses but by user roles (by the underlying security rules). 

So if they would accidentally deallocate their license, they can easily reallocate it to themselves.

mj26
Author

Hi, sir @ggijben,

Thank you very much for your response.

Additionally, if the user only has access to Users and License Management that is the only access she/he has on QMC, and  If she/he needs to deallocate her/his own license and give it to another user.  Is she/he able to log in to QMC?

Thank you.

ggijben
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @mj26 , 

Yes, they would still be able to log in to the QMC.

mj26
Author

Thank you so much @ggijben .

ggijben
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

@mj26 , no problem! Could you mark the post as a solution, so others know your question is solved? Thanks!