Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LucyN
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Difference between the AVG of Current Month and the AVG of the LAST DAY of the PREVIOUS Month

Hi,

I would like to compare the Avg Rate of the current month with the Avg Rate on the LAST DAY of the PREVIOUS Month.

My data looks like this

Qlik Question-Data table.JPG

The data table goes all the way to 11/01/2019. From this data set, I want to make a table where I can compare the Avg Rate of the current month with the Avg Rate on the LAST DAY of the previous month.

1. Since the selected time range starts from 2017-Nov, so instead of calculate the difference, I want to display the Rate on the last day of November

2. From 2017-12 and forward, I want to calculate compare the Avg Rate of the current month with the Avg Rate on the LAST DAY of the previous month (please see screenshot)

Qlik Question - Pivot table.JPG

3 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

i would create a bridge between your fact and the calendar.

the bridge will have a one to one link between calendar date and fact date - these are your CURRENT date type
it will also have a link between each date in the calendar to the END OF MONTH date in the fact - these are your PRIOR month date type

therefore if 12/1/2020 month is selected.  all dates in 12/2020 will be selected in the fact for date type = CURRENT,  also 11/30/2020 is selected in the FACT for date type = PRIOR

see sample attached

LucyN
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Edwin,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I'm using Qlik Sense cloud, so I couldn't open your attachment. Can you please kindly send me the screenshots? Much much appreciated!!

edwin
Master II
Master II

hope this helps:

data:

load 
1 as Region,
date(date('01/01/2020')+ RowNo()) as dt,
floor(rand()*100000)/100 as amnt
AutoGenerate (365)
;

cal:
load distinct dt as Date, MonthStart(dt) as Month
Resident
data;

NoConcatenate
bridge:
load
Date as dt,
Date as Date,
'CURRENT' as DateType
Resident
cal;

noConcatenate 
PriorMonth:
load
Date as Date,
'PRIOR' as DateType
Resident
cal;

inner join (PriorMonth)
load
Date as dt
Resident
PriorMonth
;

Concatenate (bridge)
load
Resident
	PriorMonth
where 
monthstart(Date)-1 = dt
;

drop table PriorMonth;

the chart:

expression1: =sum({<DateType={'CURRENT'}>}amnt)
expression2: =sum({<DateType={'PRIOR'}>}amnt)