Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_Jay
Contributor III
Contributor III

Different color for subset value

Hi,

I need to give different color for certain % of the total value in a bar chart. Ex: $1000 Expenses as overall and only 3% of the value should be in the same bar. Is it possible in Qlik sense? If I use the stacked bar the subset is doubled --> one in the total value and as a separate value.

Thanks

Labels (1)
  • Chart

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
daturpin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Use a stacked bar but set your dimensions as

=0.03*[your expression]

=0.97*[your expression]

And order the dimensions such that the smaller value is shown on the bottom.

View solution in original post

M_Jay
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Daturpin for the solution. Is it possible not to adjust the measures values? I am trying to bring only the total expenses as a bar. But I want to show the subset in different color so that when I download the data the total remains the same.

I am trying to do it in the color option.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
daturpin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Use a stacked bar but set your dimensions as

=0.03*[your expression]

=0.97*[your expression]

And order the dimensions such that the smaller value is shown on the bottom.

M_Jay
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Daturpin for the solution. Is it possible not to adjust the measures values? I am trying to bring only the total expenses as a bar. But I want to show the subset in different color so that when I download the data the total remains the same.

I am trying to do it in the color option.

daturpin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I see the problem. You want the colors shown, but when you right click and download, you get the data in columns [dimension][0.97* expression][0.03* expression]?

That's a tough one. You could put in an alternate measure and only download when that 100% measure is selected...  Or you could download from another chart that doesn't have the 97/3 split, or you can accept some visual error by changing the 97% to 100% and it won't look quite right but the measure will download correctly.

Or you could do the colors in a whole other way that I am not aware of? I guess it depends on what your customer wants.