Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheresaB_4
Contributor III
Contributor III

Disable or not approve sheet in an app

Good morning everyone,

I have done some research on this subject but could not find a solution. I need some help.
We have an app called Invoices, there are several sheets in this app.
I would like to deactivate a few sheets, so that our users can not see it anymore.
We have too many users to individually remove access.

Any other suggestions.? We are using Qlik Sense Enterprise

Labels (5)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Brian_C
Contributor III
Contributor III

If you only have a small number of admin users you could use the match function to include only those users who are admin in the show condition. For example Match(Osuser(),'user 1','user 2','User 3') replacing user with your usernames which are generally in the format of domain/firstname.secondname.

View solution in original post

TheresaB_4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Because our IT controls the user access and we also have so many users and admin users, I have chosen this way to deactivate a sheet in an app.
Easiest way to hide a sheet or deactivate it.

Make sure you are the owner of that app. Right click on the sheet you would like to hide or deactivate. Click on unapproved, right click again and unpublish.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
LeoR
Contributor
Contributor

It might be possible to revoke the access to the sheet from all users in the QMC. If that is the case it would be the easiest and cleanest approach.

Alternatively you can set the calculation condition of the sheet to False(). This is only a workaround. The sheet will still show up when the user is editing sheets.

Lastly you could replace your app with a copy with the sheets removed until you find a better solution.

Brian_C
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi

Simply edit each sheet you wish to hide in turn and in sheet properties there is a show condition. Type =0 in the show condition and the sheet will be hidden. Hope this helps.

Kindest regards

Brian

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@TheresaB_4 Do you want to disable only for few users or all users including Admin's? 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
TheresaB_4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I would like to disable it for normal users but not admin. Only users that are allowed to view sheet not edit sheets.

I have tried to edit the sheet properties and now the sheet disappeared.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

how is the security setup in your environment? This is one way.

But, you have mentioned that after you edit the sheet, the sheet gone? this is not able to follow if I am understanding correct. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Brian_C
Contributor III
Contributor III

If you only have a small number of admin users you could use the match function to include only those users who are admin in the show condition. For example Match(Osuser(),'user 1','user 2','User 3') replacing user with your usernames which are generally in the format of domain/firstname.secondname.

TheresaB_4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Because our IT controls the user access and we also have so many users and admin users, I have chosen this way to deactivate a sheet in an app.
Easiest way to hide a sheet or deactivate it.

Make sure you are the owner of that app. Right click on the sheet you would like to hide or deactivate. Click on unapproved, right click again and unpublish.

Xolink1389
Creator
Creator

i have many sheet to

Xolink1389_0-1712764205896.png

in order to display just a few i create a filter in this case society

Xolink1389_1-1712764260479.png

if the select one of this, adding a second condition , in the sheet

Xolink1389_2-1712764338797.png

Xolink1389_3-1712764357944.png

making a match function, so in this case if the society not match with 3000 it will display the sheet

but if you dont want use a filter u cant just put another condition in order to hide the sheet, and this sheet will never visible after the app is publish, only on developer mode

and this work even when they open the app

Xolink1389_4-1712764560473.png