Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aurél
Creator
Creator

Display condition

Hello,

With QV, it was possible to put a display condition on objects:
1.png
If this condition is not ok, the object doesn't appear.

And with QS:
- Problem 1: There is no notion of a display condition for "Text and Image" objects....  Do you have to use a container?

- Problem 2: I tried to put my expression in "Calculation condition" for graphical objects:
2.png

The graph displays a message. The object doesn't disappear completely as in QV:
3.png

So I tried to use a container:
4.png

There remains a white square for the location of the object. It doesn't disappear completely from the sheet:

5.png

Do you have an idea that it doesn’t display anything at all, not even an empty object please? as with QV....

Thank you !

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @Aurél 

For text objects you can create a expression with your text with an IF statement to avoid showing it.

But for hidden objects, the QS default behavior doesn´t have support to hidden objects like QV does, only avoid its calculation, but the placeholder still on screen.

The workaround is using container objects, standard or extension (try Grouped Container), but it will occupy a placeholder also. 

[],

Pedro

View solution in original post

1 Reply
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @Aurél 

For text objects you can create a expression with your text with an IF statement to avoid showing it.

But for hidden objects, the QS default behavior doesn´t have support to hidden objects like QV does, only avoid its calculation, but the placeholder still on screen.

The workaround is using container objects, standard or extension (try Grouped Container), but it will occupy a placeholder also. 

[],

Pedro