Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
José_Espinoza
Partner - Contributor III

Don't show 0 values in line chart (CY sales, LY sales, Goal sales comparison)

Hi there everyone,

Again here I am with another Qlik related question. This time about line charts. The deal is I'm putting a line chart to compare this year's sales, this year's sales goal and the last year's sales. Sounds like a pretty basic idea, but when I put it together it looks like this.

t97MlHW.jpg

My issue here is that I don't want "Sales CY $" and "Sales Goal $" to drop to zeros, I want them to stop at their current location. Something like this:

pK12V1F.jpg

I already unchecked the zeros option in "Data Handling," but the zeros and the line going down won't disappear. Here are my measures:

-Sales CY: Sum([Sales])

-Sales Goal: Sum( {< date_num={">=$(vDatenumMin_CY)<=$(vDatenumJuneEnd_CY)"}>}  [Sales Goal])

-Sales LY: Sum( {< date_num={">=$(vDatenumMin_LY)  <=$(vDatenumYearEnd_LY)"}>}  [Sales])

I also tried setting a range starting from 0,01, and the zeros disappeared, but the line going down didn't. Any help will be well received and thanks for your time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

-Sales CY: If(Sum(Sales) > 0, Sum([Sales]))

-Sales Goal: If(Sum( {< date_num={">=$(vDatenumMin_CY)<=$(vDatenumJuneEnd_CY)"}>}  [Sales Goal]) > 0, Sum( {< date_num={">=$(vDatenumMin_CY)<=$(vDatenumJuneEnd_CY)"}>}  [Sales Goal]))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

-Sales CY: If(Sum(Sales) > 0, Sum([Sales]))

-Sales Goal: If(Sum( {< date_num={">=$(vDatenumMin_CY)<=$(vDatenumJuneEnd_CY)"}>}  [Sales Goal]) > 0, Sum( {< date_num={">=$(vDatenumMin_CY)<=$(vDatenumJuneEnd_CY)"}>}  [Sales Goal]))

José_Espinoza
Author

Well, I feel really stupid now! Sometimes I think things are more complicated that they seem to be... But thanks a lot! Also, I had to turn that ">" into "<>" because there are some negative values. Again, thanks!