Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikQlaker
Contributor III
Contributor III

Drill Down to end on grouped data

Hello!

I'm new to Qlik, and I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to do what i need to do...

Basically, there's a couple of choices for the user, (drill down) and then about 3 choices in, you get a bunch of correlated data.  The thing is, it's not number data, it's more like mission data.  I think the best example that I can come up with is this:  You have a couple of major airlines, and they fly to a bunch of cities and states.  The data that you need is all the flights that came in to a particular city and state, but the user needs all the data on the flights as well i.e., the flight number, the number of passengers, the size of the plane, the gas used, the baggage weight. So in theory, this could result in say, 5 flights, with all that info listed below the flight number.

Can anyone tell me how this would be possible?

Again, I was thinking that the drill down part could be the airline, then the state, then the city - but I'm having a tough time getting to the next part.

Thanks

1 Reply
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Maybe you can use a formula in the conditional view and only succeeds when 2 selections (first two of your three choices) are made.

So you table consists out of 5 columns.

1. Your drill down dimension
  2. Flight number
  3. No of Passengers
  4. Size of Plane
  5. Gas Used

The 2nd till the 5th will contain a conditional show that only show if you have made selections on the first two dimensions in the drill down (1st column).

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder