Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicanova
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dual Function - Stacked Bar Chart

I'm trying to create dynamic dollar value labels, which is working in a standard bar chart and KPIs, but as soon as I add a second dimension to have a stacked bar chart, it isn't taking into account the first half of the dual expression:

Dual(Num(sum([TCV])/Pow(10,3*Div(Log10(sum([TCV])),3)),'$#,##0.0')&' '&Pick(Div(Log10(sum([TCV])),3),'k','M','B','T'),sum([TCV]))

The value is still ending in k, M, or B as appropriate, but the single decimal point and the $ both disappear when the second dimension is added. I do have the number formatting set as 'Measure Expression'. Snapshot attached showing how the numbers kind of work, but I really need the dollar signs too.

Labels (3)
2 Replies
kanhomcake
Contributor III
Contributor III

hi @nicanova 

I have the same issue, seems like the Dual function + Measure expression as Number formatting doesn't work with 2 dimensional stacked bar charts. 

Have you got a solution?

Thank you and best regards, 
KC

nicanova
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@kanhomcake  no solution still, for the time being, we've just accepted it as a limitation. If you figure something out, please let me know!

Nicole