Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joboro
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dynamic Bookmarks with multiple selections for one field

Hi,

i try to implement a comfort feature for our user: For some users specific values should be pre-selected when they open the qlik sense app.

The dynamic bookmark looks promising for that, but I cannot get it to work with multiple values for one field.

The expression I am using is the following: 

=TheTable.TheField=PICK(match(Upper(SubField(OSUser(), '=', -1)),'GREATUSER'),'(BestValue_1|BestValue_2)')

But that doesn't give me any values back.

But the following expressions do work:
=TheTable.TheField=PICK(match(Upper(SubField(OSUser(), '=', -1)),'GREATUSER'),'BestValue_1')
=TheTable.TheField=PICK(match(Upper(SubField(OSUser(), '=', -1)),'GREATUSER'),'BestValue_2')

So the the selection criteria does not match somehow. Has anyone an idea how i could get this working?

KR
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joboro
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

What seems to be working is the following:

=TheTable.TheField=PICK(match(Upper(SubField(OSUser(), '=', -1)),'GREATUSER','GREATESTUSER'),
    only({<TheTable.TheField = {'BestValue_1','BestValue_2'}>}TheTable.TheField)
    , 'BestValue_1'
    ) 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

I would suggest you to simplify this

create a inline table in your data model

Load * inline [

USER,FilterValues

GREATUSER,BestValue1

GREATUSER,BestValue2

];

Then change bookmark expression to below

='('&concat( {<USER={"$(=Upper(SubField(OSUser(), '=', -1)))"}> }Distinct chr(39) & FilterValues & chr(39),'|')&')'

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
joboro
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The expression works correctly and gives back ('BestValue_1'|'Best_Value_2') but when i use that expression for the selection nothing is found.

joboro_0-1666350987701.png

joboro
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Any ideas why this isn't working? 

I have tried

='('&concat( {<USER={"$(=Upper(SubField(OSUser(), '=', -1)))"}> }Distinct chr(39) & FilterValues & chr(39),'|')&')'

=TheTable.TheField='('&concat( {<USER={"$(=Upper(SubField(OSUser(), '=', -1)))"}> }Distinct chr(39) & FilterValues & chr(39),'|')&')'

to filter the dimension "Arbeitsplatzgruppennr.".
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

just remove the preceding equal sign

=TheTable.TheField='('&concat( {<USER={"$(=Upper(SubField(OSUser(), '=', -1)))"}> }Distinct chr(39) & FilterValues & chr(39),'|')&')'

try below

TheTable.TheField='('&concat( {<USER={"$(=Upper(SubField(OSUser(), '=', -1)))"}> }Distinct chr(39) & FilterValues & chr(39),'|')&')'

OR

TheTable.TheField=concat( {<USER={"$(=Upper(SubField(OSUser(), '=', -1)))"}> }Distinct chr(39) & FilterValues & chr(39),'|')

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
joboro
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Unfortunally no difference.  Tried several variants of that.

joboro_0-1666680023627.png

joboro_1-1666680028767.png

joboro
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried again to use this expression in a sheet action to select the values in the field, but i get an error this time:

=$(=concat(Distinct chr(39) & FilterValues & chr(39),chr(124)))

joboro_1-1666778854355.png

=$(=concat(Distinct chr(39) & FilterValues & chr(39),'|'))

joboro_0-1666778837394.png

So it has something to do with the pipe i guess, but i cannot figure it out how i am supposed to build that expression to be working.

joboro
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

What seems to be working is the following:

=TheTable.TheField=PICK(match(Upper(SubField(OSUser(), '=', -1)),'GREATUSER','GREATESTUSER'),
    only({<TheTable.TheField = {'BestValue_1','BestValue_2'}>}TheTable.TheField)
    , 'BestValue_1'
    )