Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeautifulAden
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Dynamic Section Access

Hello,

I am new to QlikSense and I try to setup the section access for one of my project.

Following Data is given:

Section Access;
LOAD
ID,
LoginName,
ACCESS,
USERID

FROM "Test.xlsx"

Section Application;

I want to reach the following:

Our employees should only see own orders, and salery ..... ,which are they linked to through their BST(stuff number) and KST(step number) . But there are also a few employees which should see everything. How can I achieve this?

*Important for me

I am able to create the NTNAME "domain\login name" and join them to the LoginName.

But how to configure my SectionAccess Table on my QMC Qlik-ManagementConsole automatically or only one time? , because I don't want to configure the QMC every time.

how can I do dynamic Section Access?

Greetings.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

You'll be able to confirm these statements here at Qlik's somewhat helpful documentation 🙂 .

1. All of your field names in Section Access have to be upper case to work.

2. Section access is only loaded when you load the app.  If you make changes in your system (i.e. add people to an Active Directory group that is referenced in your section access) they will NOT be reflected in the section access until you reload.

3. There is a big difference between USER and ADMIN levels that you can read extensive articles on by googling "Qlik Sense Section Access USER ADMIN" - this has a significant impact on data reduction fields that will relate to your question below.  

4. OMIT fields must be permuted with all rows you are also reducing (i.e. if you have two values to reduce your data and two fields to omit your number of rows will be 2x2 = 4.