Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ml8
Contributor
Contributor

Dynamic Values in Variable Input

how do the dynamic values of the variable input work?

I have a filter based on a dimension - 'Region'

I have set a variable as a dimension 'Country'. How can i code this into the Dynamic Values of the variable input so it lists the countries relevant to that region.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
mfarsln
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

You can use Concat(Country,'|'). '|' makes country values to be added dynamically.

ml8
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you! exactly what i wanted.

can i go to another level based on this dynamic variable eg City. so i would select- Europe (Filter), UK(Dynamic variable), London (Dynamic Variable - remove any not in UK)

mfarsln
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, 

You can create another variable object with Concat(City,'|'). When you select Europe and UK only UK cities will be the alternatives. 

garvitgupta96
Contributor II
Contributor II

=Concat (distinct aggr(only({<Country={$(your country variable)}>}city), city), '|', aggr(only({<Country={$(your country variable)}>}city), city))

Please mark the answer correct if this solves your problem

Enriquemmesteo
Creator
Creator

Hi, I have a similar situation at hand. I have a field "Names". I want to create a series of variables eg: vTeamLeader, vsupport...

I have a series of variable inputs for them to manually enter the names and I want them to be selected as a dropdown from the values in the field "Names".

Should I use the formula (Concat(Names,'|')) when creating the variable or in the dynamic values of the input?