Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Dynamic adaptable date (range) - according to available data

Hi all,

Would like to have 3 buttons: yesterday, last week and last month. 

The extension 'Date picker' looks very good to fit this requirement, but there is a problem. If there are no data available e.g. before 7 days, then the button in the 'Date picker' is grayed out, so not clickable (see picture below). That might well be when the day is a weekend day or working date with no produced data. I understand this behaviour, but need a solution.

2020.0116-164503.jpg

Variants (e.g. last 7 days):

1. Find the nearest date with available data (less or more then 7 days, it depend which one is closer).
2. Sum of accumulating 'available dates' with data must gave 7 days. E.g. if there are weekends between and 2 working days without data, it can ends up in 11 days. That means 11 effective days, but 7 days full of data.

I prefer option two. Is there a function or something else to handle this problem?

My second challenge is, how to implement this in an app. If I could use an parameterize 'Date picker' that would be great. Don't know if this is possible. Tried also with the Navigation Button extenstion to put 3 buttons. Also here don't know what Action to use and how to implementing when problem 1 is fixed.

2020.0116-164504.jpg

Thanks for any helpful information.

George

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

0 Replies