Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michal_durica
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dynamically calculate variable with measure in table where dimension is dynamically defined as date difference

Hi Qlik Sense experts 🙂

I have one date column in data and one variable where user can define the second date.

Source table is like

ID, AR_Due_Date, AR_Amount

1, 2017-12-31, 10

2, 2017-11-22, 20

And variable is user defined in dashboard $(vAsOfDateAR)

Those 2 columns use to calculate dimension date difference <1 to calculate date ranges

=if((Date($(=num(Date#(vAsOfDateAR,'DD/MM/YYYY'))))-[AR_Due_Date]) <1, 'not overdue',

if((Date($(=num(Date#(vAsOfDateAR,'DD/MM/YYYY'))))-[AR_Due_Date]) <31,'1 - 30',

if((Date($(=num(Date#(vAsOfDateAR,'DD/MM/YYYY'))))-[AR_Due_Date]) <91,'31 - 90',

This works correctly in table as well as graph. I calculate table with sum(Amount) as measure.

But the task is following. The user would like to add addtional parameters (defined in dashboard as variables (eg vAR1-vAR6) where

each variable represents one segment defined in previous dimension.

The final result should be table where Measure (AR_Amount_in_CZK) is multiplied with those variables depending to which segment it belongs.

This logic doesn't work.

=if((Date($(=num(Date#(vAsOfDateAR,'DD/MM/YYYY'))))-[AR_Due_Date]) <1,$(vAR1)*sum(AR_Amount_in_CZK),

if((Date($(=num(Date#(vAsOfDateAR,'DD/MM/YYYY'))))-[AR_Due_Date]) <31,$(vAR2)*sum(AR_Amount_in_CZK),

if((Date($(=num(Date#(vAsOfDateAR,'DD/MM/YYYY'))))-[AR_Due_Date]) <91,$(vAR3)*sum(AR_Amount_in_CZK)))

I attach printscreen where it is more visible

Problem is I am unable to match correct variable to correct segment to calculate final result.

Could you please help how should I change it to work?

0 Replies