cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_white
Contributor II
Contributor II

Editing a Published Duplicated Sheet

I am new to Qlik and trying to add new data to an existing duplicated app. When I click "Edit Sheet", I don't have any options to add new data from the Data Model Viewer, etc. I am trying to include data from a different sheet and include it in the duplicated one. (I am not the owner or admin of any of the existing sheets I am trying to use).

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephanieR
Luminary
Luminary

Ok so data model viewer allows you to view the data in the app like the tables and get a preview, the data load editor will allow you to add data from data connections or you can drop a csv etc.
See the second image I sent you. If you have duplicated the app and have a professional license then it might be that you have not been given the security access in that space to be able to edit the actual app, only the sheets. That is why I asked if in the hub you can see the create app button and if you create and new app can you see the data load editor. If you can then you would have a professional license and likely you would need to ask your administrator to give you a copy of the application with rights to edit.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
StephanieR
Luminary
Luminary

Did you fix this, its likely security or license causing the issue or you are in the wrong place. Its a bit hard to work out from what you have asked, if you have not fixed can you add a screenshot 

m_white
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

m_white_0-1710244865192.png 

I can't screenshot much due to privacy but this first screenshot is the data modeler. I've seen previous videos where there are options to choose from when clicking this and I don't have any. I only see the already existing data connections from various sheets. In the Analyze Sheet, I click where I want to add new data, then I click "Data" so "Chart suggestions" opens up. I only have the option to "add column" then it shows "Add dimension or measure", but I don't actually see a way to add new data from another sheet or imports. Even if i typed a formula, it will not connect

StephanieR
Luminary
Luminary

Do you see this a create new app button at the top and a work space to the left. If not my guess is you have an analyzer license not a professional license.
m_white
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I don't see an option for creating a new app, I can only create a new sheet. I am using an existing app though within my department. Information I am reading about the Analyzer license says that you are unable to duplicate sheets, but I have done this but for some reason do not see any options to import or load data still. Maybe there are certain restrictions set by the owner of the app / original sheet?

StephanieR
Luminary
Luminary

Ok this might help, can you see the in the hub what I have highlighted in the attached.

m_white
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, turns out I needed to duplicate the whole application to make the necessary changes, not just the sheet! When i've done that, I get the dashboard you sent

StephanieR
Luminary
Luminary

ok good and can you see the data load editor now as well 

StephanieR
Luminary
Luminary

we have a training environment with fake data so I can take snaps of that to show you 

m_white
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you, I am still having the same issue being unable to add data into the Analyze Sheet section.

Clicking "Fields", there is no option for "Add Data", there is only this data refresh button. When refreshed, the same symbol is there.

m_white_0-1710252567812.png