Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SNasif
Contributor III
Contributor III

Equivalent of QV Reports on QS

Hello Community!

I am not particularly new at developing on Qlik platforms as I've developed on QV before but recently started migrating over to QS. However, an issue I am currently facing has to do with the reporting capability on QS. 

Previously on QV, I could develop the dashboard as well as reports that a user could export. These reports would use the filters/selections set by the user and enable them to export a pre-created report. I wanted to replicate this functionality on QS but as far as I could see this can't be done as I can only export singular pages at once. 

What I am trying to achieve is the ability to export multiple sheets into a singular PDF file with user selections and filters applied. Using the story telling functionality isn't exactly useful as it requires "screenshots" and is static, requiring a "rebuild" every time the user changes a parameter. Is there a way to achieve this?

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
David_Friend
Support
Support

yeah NPrinting is best bet for your on-premises QlikSense, of course if you end up moving to Qlik Cloud then you will have access to its built-in reporting tool.

View solution in original post

Or
MVP
MVP

As far as I know, there are no native solutions within Qlik Sense for the QV Reports option. Nearest thing without adding something - either an extension or NPrinting - is what you've already tried, a single-page sheet export that goes up to A3 paper size.

If you don't want to use third-party solutions or NPrinting, you could create your own somewhat-simple solution by embedding Qlik objects into something that has a better handle on exporting a multi-page PDF. This is probably something a savvy user can handle using the Share/Embed option in the right-click context menu, though it's certainly not for everyone. It'd also require you to supply the platform in which the objects are embedded.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
SNasif
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Please note that I have already tried or looked into the following solutions:

- QlikSense Story Telling (as mentioned, it requires too much time to recreate the report every time, especially annoying if a user missed a single selection or filter)

- Looked into Qlik NPrinting, but would rather not introduce another layer of complexity for both the developer and user and would rather consolidate everything in one place like Qlik View

- Searched around on the Qlik Community for suggestions and came across some APIs and 3rd party extensions but couldn't find any of the named ones on the Ideation portal

- Attempted extending a single page and putting all the visuals into one, but exporting that into PDF resulted in one excruciatingly long page that had very low quality when zooming into any visual.

Thank you in advance for any ideas and answers!

OliverArg
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Check Klikshots extension

It has less features than NPriting but it's lots cheaper also

David_Friend
Support
Support

yeah NPrinting is best bet for your on-premises QlikSense, of course if you end up moving to Qlik Cloud then you will have access to its built-in reporting tool.

SNasif
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your response, but as mentioned I would rather avoid having to add new services and tools to our current solution, seems like it could be beneficial though, will consider it should other solutions fail.

David_Friend
Support
Support

since you are migrating now anyway, take a look at Qlik Cloud, see if it would meet your needs, and it has reporting baked in, so don't need a 3rd-party product.

Or
MVP
MVP

As far as I know, there are no native solutions within Qlik Sense for the QV Reports option. Nearest thing without adding something - either an extension or NPrinting - is what you've already tried, a single-page sheet export that goes up to A3 paper size.

If you don't want to use third-party solutions or NPrinting, you could create your own somewhat-simple solution by embedding Qlik objects into something that has a better handle on exporting a multi-page PDF. This is probably something a savvy user can handle using the Share/Embed option in the right-click context menu, though it's certainly not for everyone. It'd also require you to supply the platform in which the objects are embedded.

SNasif
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your response David, seems logical enough. It seems that I dont have many choices, so I will be checking out NPrinting as a first step. I've read a bit through the documentation and some of the guides related to it but I'm curious because I haven't been able to get the answer I am looking for, can a user apply their own filters and selections before extracting a report from NPrinting?

Thank you for your time!

SNasif
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I figured as much, the issue with embedding the objects on a separate platform that has the capacity to export is that it makes implementing user security rules a bit more complicated. Not to mention that distributing it will also require a separate distribution from the normal Qlik QMC, or at least that's my understanding after fiddling a bit with the solution. In either case it seems I have no logical option other than looking into NPrinting. Thank you for your time!