Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aak
Contributor
Contributor

Exclude user input string from word cloud

Hi experts,

I am new to qlik sense and working on an assignment where our client wants to filter user defined stop words from the word cloud.

What i have done so far:

1. Create a variable input box 

2. limit words from word cloud by adding 

=if(not match(word_set,'$(word)'),word_set)

in the limit for dimension i.e. word_set

But this excludes all values and gives me max word.

I also have to include a top filter, which was working correctly and then i am not sure how can i exclude the word and combine both filters

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you can get your variable input with multiple words comma separated and quotes around, like:

'word1', 'word2', 'word3'

you can write the expression without quotes, like:

Sum({<[word-set]-={$(word)}>}count)

Or, if your words are really words, i.e. - single word inputs (without any spaces in between), you can get this working even without single quotes, like:

word1, word2, word3 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Share your measure expression too. simple example of how you would do it like so with set analysis. where word is your variable and we are excluding using -=

Sum({<CustomerCountry-={'$(word)'}>}OrderRecordCounter)

aak
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sum({<[word-set]-={'$(word)'}>}count)

this expression can exclude one word, how to make it exclude a list of comma separated words?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you can get your variable input with multiple words comma separated and quotes around, like:

'word1', 'word2', 'word3'

you can write the expression without quotes, like:

Sum({<[word-set]-={$(word)}>}count)

Or, if your words are really words, i.e. - single word inputs (without any spaces in between), you can get this working even without single quotes, like:

word1, word2, word3 

aak
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thanks.. this worked