Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulBrady
Contributor
Contributor

Excluding Current Month from Visualization with Set Analysis

Hello,

I am very new to Qlik, and I would appreciate some help. I am trying to set up a visualization to show the number of adjustments made per month over a period of time. But the analysis is done as of the Prior Month's end. So I prepare in November for October. So I would like to exclude the current month from the line chart.

I need to have other visualizations on the same sheet that show a breakdown of the Month that is being presented, so in this example October. So I have opted to use the sheet filter to only show October for the visualizations, and I have excluded the sheet filters from the one trend chart.

When I use the below it looks fine, but this obviously isn't dynamic and would require me to update the script each month

Count({1<[BU]={[ABC],[DEF],[GHI],[AdjustmentCategory]={[Cash]},[D_YEAR]={'2022'},[Status]={'Approved'},[UploadedBy]={*}-{[JKL],[MNO]},[Region]={[PQR],[STU]},[D_MONTH]={*}-{[Nov]}>}AdjustmentID)

I thought the below would work, but when I phrase it like this it just doesn't show anything

Count({1<[BU]={[ABC],[DEF],[GHI],[AdjustmentCategory]={[Cash]},[D_YEAR]={'2022'},[Status]={'Approved'},[UploadedBy]={*}-{[JKL],[MNO]},[Region]={[PQR],[STU]},[D_MONTH]={*}-{Month(Today())}>}AdjustmentID)

I would greatly appreciate if someone could offer some help

Labels (3)
1 Reply
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Try with this

{[D_MONTH]-= {"$(=Date(MonthStart(Today()), 'MMM'))"}