Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danqlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

FX Conversion using a weighted average FX Rate

Hi Everyone - hope you are having a good day.

Some of my data is collected in South African Rand (ZAR) and i need to convert it into Euros (EUR). The data comes in once a month everyone month and so there is a new FX rate that needs to be used each month to convert the data. In order to convert the data into EURs i need to use a weighted average of the FX rate  as there are multiple contributing factors, which means the previous months FX rates need to also be taken into consideration.

I have attached an excel spreadsheet with an example of the data, the white columns is raw data that would be given to me and the yellow column is the column i am trying to calculate.

In Qliksense i have created the following formula to try and replicate this yellow column: 

sum([Net Loss due to non Performing Loan (ZAR)])/(RangeSum(Above(Total Sum([FX Forward Rate]*[Expected Collection (ZAR)]),0,RowNo(TOTAL)))/Rangesum(Above(Total Sum([Expected Collection (ZAR)]), 0, RowNo(Total))))

My issue however is that the above calculation gives me answers which are roughly half of the correct values, e.g. instead of 518.74 the value is 258.96. 

I have figured out that the issue arises in the bold section of the calculation above, where my aim was to do a cumulative sum product. The bold section of the calculation is double what i would have expected which is what is causing the halving in the final answer.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks so much in advance,

Dan

Labels (5)
0 Replies