Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robin_heijt
Creator
Creator

Fill null columns with previous value

Hi All,

I have tried many different peek and previous functions, but I cannot seem to get it working in my script.

My data model is as followed:

ID               Date
2                   20/01/2019
4                  10/02/2018

How do I populate all blank fields with the same date as that of the 1st ID line?

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

First two rows for ID = 4 are null... do they stay null or do they all get Date carried over?

robin_heijt
Creator
Creator
Author

As long as the ID is the same, each null row should get the value that is present in one of the ID rows.
robin_heijt
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried using the following:

NoConcatenate
Load
    "Req. Identifier",
    if(len(Trim([New Offer Accepted Date]))=0,Peek("New Offer Accepted Date"),"New Offer Accepted Date") as "New Offer Accepted Date"

Resident OM
order by "Req. Identifier";
Drop Table OM;

Which gives me a partial result; Some lines are now filled with the previous info and are correct. But there are also a few lines that are getting non existing dates (The time stamp is not present in the source file).

Then I also tried using this:

NoConcatenate
Load
    "Req. Identifier",
    if(Previous("Req. Identifier")="Req. Identifier" and len(Trim([New Offer Accepted Date]))=0,Peek("New Offer Accepted Date"),"New Offer Accepted Date") as "New Offer Accepted Date"

Resident OM
order by "Req. Identifier";
Drop Table OM;

But this gives again in some lines the correct information, but in some other lines it deletes the New offer accepted date all together.