Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lobo77
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filter across multiple dimensions

Hi everyone. Long time reader ,first time poster.

Question. Is there a way to have a ‘yes’ , ‘no’ filter with conditions across multiple dimensions.Please note , I do not have access to loading scripts, creating master dimensions etc.

Hopefully I am using the correct terminology.

I have Orders that have many dimensions. Is there a way to have a calculated dimension/filter to show/flag only the orders with the combinations like highlighted in red below  ( order id 1234)?

I am able to create simple set expressions with if and match etc conditions , but when I try filter across multiple dimensions/fields , I can’t seem to either get the syntax  correct or result.

Result I am after would be like:

Only show order ids  if ([DIM 1] ‘T1’, [DIM 2] ‘WAITING’ , [DIM 3] ‘ALWAYS’) and [(DIM 1]’T2’, [DIM 2] ‘COMPLETE’ , [DIM 3] ‘ALWAYS’) 

Is this possible , or only via script ?

Thanks advance, a lot of the posts have already been invaluable.

Order ID

DIM 1

DIM 2

DIM 3

T1

WAITING

ALWAYS

T2

COMPLETE

ALWAYS

T2

NOT DONE

SOMETIMES

T1

WAITING

ALWAYS

T1

COMPLETE

ALWAYS

T2

COMPLETE

SOMETIMES

T33

NOT DONE

ALWAYS

T54

WAITING

SOMETIMES

21 Replies
gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I am a bit confused about your new question because no dates are mentioned in the original question and I can't see the relevance with the aggr formula. If this is separate, please make a new question in the forums and I'll be happy to answer; else, please explain how the dates are connected with the status.

saikripa
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Gmenoutis,

I am new to qlik , I have 4 date columns , and I tried to use the Aggr function to create one dimension of date to apply as filter for all the 4 tables. If you think that cannot be done, please treat this as separate question. Any help is appreciated. I have posted the question here : https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-App-Development/qlik-filter-for-multiple-tables/m-p/1791301...

Thanks