Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
midnight1
Contributor
Contributor

Filter panes change and don't filter

Hi everyone, I am struggling with filter panes in my sheets.

Let's say I have a big table with cities, barcodes and dates.

My situation looks like this:

1. I choose two cities.
2. The table reloads
3. Then I choose some barcode.
4. One of the cities in filter pane disappears.

How to change that? How to make the table contains only barcodes that match both cities?

Labels (4)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

When you choose or select something in your filter . only Associated data items will appear. 

Most probably its showing citi related to selection bar code and which are not related got disappear.

Hope this make sense .

Sunil Chauhan

View solution in original post

madelonjansen
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

There is no 'and-mode' when filtering values in the same field.

When you filter 2 cities, you will get the barcodes that belong to either one of them, or to both.
Then, when you selected a barcode, this only associated with one of the cities, and the other city dropped down to the unassociated values.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

When you choose or select something in your filter . only Associated data items will appear. 

Most probably its showing citi related to selection bar code and which are not related got disappear.

Hope this make sense .

Sunil Chauhan
madelonjansen
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

There is no 'and-mode' when filtering values in the same field.

When you filter 2 cities, you will get the barcodes that belong to either one of them, or to both.
Then, when you selected a barcode, this only associated with one of the cities, and the other city dropped down to the unassociated values.