Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stars
Creator
Creator

Filtering in a Pie Chart

I'm trying to make a pie chart that shows similar information to my bar graph.  The bar graphs is a stacked bar with data for multiple companies.  I'd like to create two things:

1)  A pie chart that shows the average of each piece from the bar chart

2)  A pie chart of data for one specific company from the bar chart

Attached is a picture of my bar graph.  The equation I'm using for the first piece on the graph (the blue piece) is this:

=(Avg({1<Year = {$(=Max(num#(Year ,'####')))}>} Aggr(
Sum({1<QPermID={"Stack_Blue*"}>}Response)/
Sum({1<QPermID={"Stack*"}>}Response)
,CompanyID,Year)))

I have multiple years of data, so this uses only the max year and sorts by year and by companyID (the two digit numbers at the bottom of the bar chart).

In the pie I've created, it's not restricted to max year.  I cannot figure out how to do this!  Here's my current measure in my pie:

=Sum({1<QPermID={"Stack_Blue*","Stack_Gold*","Stack_Red*","Stack_Teal*"}>}Response)

Additionally, I have no idea how to add in a qualification that will allow me to filter my pie chart by companyID, if I apply that selection to my app.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!  THANK YOU!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

You should be able to add in the same year set analysis to your second expression:

=Sum({1<QPermID={"Stack_Blue*","Stack_Gold*","Stack_Red*","Stack_Teal*"}, Year = {$(=Max(num#(Year ,'####')))}>}Response)

Then, to that, you should be able to add the "possible" companies based on selections (your 1 at the beginning of the set analysis is ignoring all selections and why the Company selection isn't currently filtering your chart):

=Sum({1<QPermID={"Stack_Blue*","Stack_Gold*","Stack_Red*","Stack_Teal*"}, Year = {$(=Max(num#(Year ,'####')))}, Company=P(Company)>}Response)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Nicole-Smith

You should be able to add in the same year set analysis to your second expression:

=Sum({1<QPermID={"Stack_Blue*","Stack_Gold*","Stack_Red*","Stack_Teal*"}, Year = {$(=Max(num#(Year ,'####')))}>}Response)

Then, to that, you should be able to add the "possible" companies based on selections (your 1 at the beginning of the set analysis is ignoring all selections and why the Company selection isn't currently filtering your chart):

=Sum({1<QPermID={"Stack_Blue*","Stack_Gold*","Stack_Red*","Stack_Teal*"}, Year = {$(=Max(num#(Year ,'####')))}, Company=P(Company)>}Response)