Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ammarahw
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filtering on a histogram

Is it possible for to filter on a histogram in Qlik? When I select histogram as my chart type I stop seeing filtering as an option but I would like to remove several outliers that would be possible to remove if I could filter on a range for the data which is normally simple to do. 

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Instead of filtering unwanted dimension-values you may consider to limit the values from the outlier, like:

if(Expr < -1, -1, if Expr > 1, 1, Expr))

for a scenario in which histogram shows results from -100% to 100% which moved the outliers to the left and right borders of the chart. I use it in this way and think the general approach might be adaptable for many scenarios.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

You can go in and manually filter on the Y axis to limit the frequency axis to only select ranges above a certain value with drag. To eliminate all zeros, just create a bar chart.

ammarahw
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for this response! What do you mean by manually filter on the Y-axis? Is there somewhere where I can write a filter expression and add it? I think a screenshot of what you are talking about may help. 

marcus_sommer

Instead of filtering unwanted dimension-values you may consider to limit the values from the outlier, like:

if(Expr < -1, -1, if Expr > 1, 1, Expr))

for a scenario in which histogram shows results from -100% to 100% which moved the outliers to the left and right borders of the chart. I use it in this way and think the general approach might be adaptable for many scenarios.