Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ctiantian
Contributor II
Contributor II

Filters disappearing or show incorrect selections when using bookmarks

Did any one came across a scenario,  when bookmarks did not work as expected?

This is by means of:  if I click for example on a defined bookmark instead of applying 4 filters, only 3 are used. It might happen that any further selection/filtering is freezing QS completely.

Exactly this error scenario popped up end of last week. Only things done:  refresh to get the latest data and one bookmark update.

Quite weird: this error scenario pops up on both, QS-Server reports as well as on desktop independently but cannot be explained logically, because the affected report has not been published to the QS server for weeks.

As I am a quite experienced user with many years of QlikSense history I've tried already all the tricks known from the past (clear cache; remove all log files; recreated the bookmarks; reduced the bookmark list; use different bookmark names; created filters using the Selection window and then store the bookmark; etc.), but nothing worked properly. Even more confusing: sometimes a solution seems to work and the next day it fails again with the same weird behaviour. Or after 5 restarts it worked after the 6th restart but then when starting up the 7th time it fails again. So this is the most frustrating part as the error condition is not reproducable in a persistent way. It comes and goes.

Intensive research did not help at all in the communities, but finally I found a support note which starts to make me quite nervous as from my point of view it is a critical issue, but there is obviously no solution planned so far:  there is an article found in https://support.qlik.com/articles/000057690 

And the unexpected behaviour continues:

• On desktop:  creating a report duplicate and redefining the bookmarks again, did not work at all.
  • On Server:  creating a report duplicate without any other interaction, the bookmarks seems to work.

Conclusion:  if this error is triggered because of datafiles used for the report got corrupted, then the error would always pop up. But this is not the case. If I just apply the filters WITHOUT using bookmarks it works. But as soon as I create a new bookmark, I get stuck (sometimes immediately, sometimes after a few interactive selection steps).

However this behaviour makes me quite distrustful. Because of this quite irrational behaviour and until now having no way to nail it down to a specific - and in particular reproducable - error scenario in fact I have to double check each report to proof if the results are accurate, correct and trustworthy.

The reports in question are existing since more then 1 year, no big changes done. Only dropped an old bookmark and added a new one to cover a specific time period to be used together with a few other filters.

Versions used: 

Qliksense Destop June 2020 Patch 8  (qliksensedesktop 13.82.16)

Qliksense Server:  14.5.18

(not the latest up-to-date versions installed but this is due to the fact that I work in the banking industry and we have a quite high security level and any app must pass security approvals before becoming available. This means also we do not install each new version immediately).

And apologies if this post is in the wrong group - because I am no Newbie - but was not sure where to address this one best.

0 Replies