Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Somsok
Contributor
Contributor

FirstSortedValue and Aggr Chart Functions in Straight Table - Dimensions are ignored?

Hi all,

I am trying to create a table displaying the Customer with the most sales for each Product: 

Customer Product Sales
Cust 1 Prod 1 1
Cust 1 Prod 2 11
Cust 2 Prod 1 2
Cust 2 Prod 2 2
Cust 3 Prod 1 3
Cust 3 Prod 2 3
Cust 4 Prod 1 3

I found the chart function FirstSortedValue to get the top customer for each product.
However, only the first row is displayed and incorrect. I think the problem is the inner agg() function. I also visualized this part of the function for testing:

Somsok_0-1717593121092.png

In my understanding sum(Aggr(sum(Sales), Customer)) should only include sales of Prod 1 in row 1 and sales of Prod 2 in row 2. Can anybody can help me out with this? Why does row 1 include Prod 1 and Prod 2 numbers even though the Product Dimension value is Prod 1?

Tanks for your Help!

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Somsok
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Or Thank you for the input! 
My Data table is highly simplified. In the real case I will have multiple rows of the same Customer and Product I want to sum up. Your solution works if I want to display the Customer with the highest single order. However, I want to see which Customer has the highest order total.

I found a working solution for me:
FirstSortedValue(distinct Customer, -Aggr(sum(Sales), Customer, Product), 1)
I just had to also include the Product in the Aggr statement.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Dimension: Product

Measure: FirstSortedValue(distinct Customer, -Sales)

At least based on the sample data, I'm not sure why you need that messy aggr() in there.

Somsok
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Or Thank you for the input! 
My Data table is highly simplified. In the real case I will have multiple rows of the same Customer and Product I want to sum up. Your solution works if I want to display the Customer with the highest single order. However, I want to see which Customer has the highest order total.

I found a working solution for me:
FirstSortedValue(distinct Customer, -Aggr(sum(Sales), Customer, Product), 1)
I just had to also include the Product in the Aggr statement.