Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sello_Mputsoe
Contributor II
Contributor II

FirstSortedValue and Aggr Functions

Hi everyone, I am working on a tasks that requires benchmarking on a particular column. The screenshot below shows a table with Purchase orders transactions. The last column is the Benchmark Country column and is based on the "Purch.Order Volume" measure (It displays the country that has the lowest purchase order volume for all rows - Since DE has the lowest volume of 850, then all rows display DE as the benchmark country.

Sello_Mputsoe_0-1658137430117.png

Problem: When I make a selection on the country column for a different country, then the benchmark country value changes to the selected country. How can I ignore the selection on the benchmark country column because I do not want this column to change based on the selection of the country column?

BenchMark Country is made up from the below: 

Sello_Mputsoe_0-1658138080338.png

*Sample data attached

Labels (5)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

In the case, instead of exp, try in dimension like below

=Aggr(FirstSortedValue({< Country = >} total <Product> Country,
aggr(sum({< Country = >} [Purchase Order Volume]),Country,Product,[Purchase Order Nunber])), [Purchase Order Nunber], Product)

MayilVahanan_0-1658214706574.png

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

Or
MVP
MVP

If you'd like to keep it as a measure, you could do something like:

If(Not Isnull(Country),

FirstSortedValue({< Country = >} total <Product> Country,
aggr(sum({< Country = >} [Purchase Order Volume]),Country,Product,[Purchase Order Nunber]))

)

Or basically any other expression that would be evaluated within the context of the line so that all other (excluded) rows return null.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

You could ignore the selection on Country using set analysis:

aggr(sum({< Country = >} [Purchase Order Volume]),Country,Product,[Purchase Order Nunber]))

Also, great job on including the formula and sample data,  but for future reference it'd be handy if you posted the formula as text that can be copied rather than just an image.

Sello_Mputsoe
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Or , thank you so much! This works well😊. One more thing though, is there a way I can hide all other rows that do not contain values after the selection has been applied?

Sello_Mputsoe_0-1658214025279.png

MayilVahanan

Hi

In the case, instead of exp, try in dimension like below

=Aggr(FirstSortedValue({< Country = >} total <Product> Country,
aggr(sum({< Country = >} [Purchase Order Volume]),Country,Product,[Purchase Order Nunber])), [Purchase Order Nunber], Product)

MayilVahanan_0-1658214706574.png

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Or
MVP
MVP

If you'd like to keep it as a measure, you could do something like:

If(Not Isnull(Country),

)

Or basically any other expression that would be evaluated within the context of the line so that all other (excluded) rows return null.

Sello_Mputsoe
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you both @Or  and @MayilVahanan , both solutions work like a charm! 

Much Appreciated!