Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Breezy
Creator II
Creator II

Font color expression does not work

Hi, 

I have two different texts boxes and I'm trying to get them to have the same font color. It is not working with the expression field. For example, if I type in          ='#29e137'           it should be a neon green font. Yet it remains a dark font. See below. I have the correct expression but the "Font Color" box does not change. I have also tried this without the quotes or ' '. I tried it like 29e137 and it did not work. I'm able to use the box and change the font color and then the fx expression changes with it. However, if I copy and paste that fx expression for the font in my other text box it does not work. How do I get the expressions to work for the other text box? 

fontcolor.JPG

Labels (1)
3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, what kind of object is that? Default text box doesn't have an option like that.

Usually color expressions awaits for a color function: Red(), White(), RGB(0,220,0)

Breezy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It worked! I used the RGB and () as you advised. Thanks! Follow-up question. That was for text boxes. Is there any way to change the font color for dropdown menus? In text boxes there is a 'text' option. For dropdown menus there is not. 

rubenmarin

Hi, I'm not sure what is a dropdown menu object, the filter panel? can you post an image of where do you select that object?

In filter panels I don't know how to change font color, maybe using a theme.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/August2022/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/Sense_Extension...