Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Breezy
Creator II
Creator II

Font color expression does not work

Hi, 

I have two different texts boxes and I'm trying to get them to have the same font color. It is not working with the expression field. For example, if I type in          ='#29e137'           it should be a neon green font. Yet it remains a dark font. See below. I have the correct expression but the "Font Color" box does not change. I have also tried this without the quotes or ' '. I tried it like 29e137 and it did not work. I'm able to use the box and change the font color and then the fx expression changes with it. However, if I copy and paste that fx expression for the font in my other text box it does not work. How do I get the expressions to work for the other text box? 

fontcolor.JPG

Labels (1)
3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, what kind of object is that? Default text box doesn't have an option like that.

Usually color expressions awaits for a color function: Red(), White(), RGB(0,220,0)

Breezy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It worked! I used the RGB and () as you advised. Thanks! Follow-up question. That was for text boxes. Is there any way to change the font color for dropdown menus? In text boxes there is a 'text' option. For dropdown menus there is not. 

rubenmarin

Hi, I'm not sure what is a dropdown menu object, the filter panel? can you post an image of where do you select that object?

In filter panels I don't know how to change font color, maybe using a theme.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/August2022/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/Sense_Extension...