Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pascos88
Creator II
Creator II

Formula in qlik sense

Hello,

I need your helps to create a formula.

I have this table

day                               count_lgn         1_Day_back               2 Days_back               3 Days_back

10.05.2018                         100                        45                              88                              11

10.04.2018                         88                           11                             22                              65

Now let's assume that day is my column called 'DAY'

Count login in qlik sense is my count(user_login)

now in 1_Day back column I have to calculate the count(user_login) for 1_day_back means 10.04.2018 but just considering the user_login that are counted in 10.05.2018.

-->for the day 10.05.2018 my formula per 1_Day_back should count:

count (user_login) where day = (day-1) and user_login in (user_login of 10.05.2018)

-->for the day 10.04.2018 my formula per 1_Day_back should count:

count (user_login) where day = (day-1) and user_login in (user_login of 10.05.2018)

-->for the day 10.05.2018 my formula per 2_Day_back should count:

count (user_login) where day = (day-2) and user_login in (user_login of 10.05.2018)

Thaks for any helps,

Best

3 Replies
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can try your luck with the P() function in set analysis:

1_Day_back = Count( {$<DAY={‘$(=Max(DAY)-1)’}, user_login= P({1<DAY={‘$(=Max(DAY))’}>} user_login)>} user_login)

2_Days_back = Count( {$<DAY={‘$(=Max(DAY)-2)’}, user_login= P({1<DAY={‘$(=Max(DAY))’}>} user_login)>} user_login)

3_Days_back = Count( {$<DAY={‘$(=Max(DAY)-3)’}, user_login= P({1<DAY={‘$(=Max(DAY))’}>} user_login)>} user_login)

More info: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/SetA...

pascos88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Juraj, thanks for your answer..

I am not sure about the second part of set analysis:  user_login= P({1<DAY={‘$(=Max(DAY))’}>} user_login

I mean the frist part is fine, what you try to do with the second?

Thanks for any clarifications..

Best

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Pasquale,

the second part selects only those user_logins which are associated with the Max(DAY) date (10.05.2018 in your example). So this should do exactly what you need it to do -> calculate logins for previous days, but only for those users who logged in on a selected day.

Hope this helps

Juraj