Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MassicotPSCU
Contributor III
Contributor III

Fractile and IF function

Can someone explain what's happening here?  I have this formula that is supposed to get the sum number of sales for each employee ID in each year month. Then it's supposed to compare it to these different fractiles and give it a score. Why does a sales of 1 get both a score of 1 and 2. Is my expression correct?

{<[Year-Month]=>}

{<[Current or Term*]= {'Current'}>}

Aggr(

if(aggr(count(sales),[Year-Month],[Employee ID]) <= fractile(TOTAL aggr(count(sales),[Year-Month],[Employee ID]), .2),5,

if(aggr(count(sales),[Year-Month],[Employee ID]) <= fractile(TOTAL aggr(count(sales),[Year-Month], [Employee ID]), .4),4,

if(aggr(count(sales),[Year-Month],[Employee ID]) <= fractile(TOTAL aggr(count(sales),[Year-Month], [Employee ID]), .6),3,

if(aggr(count(sales),[Year-Month],[Employee ID]) <= fractile(TOTAL aggr(count(sales),[Year-Month], [Employee ID]), .8),2,1)))),[Year-Month], [Employee ID])

MassicotPSCU_0-1678118761166.png

Labels (1)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

IMO it's not a valid expression because you used a calculated dimension to compare a calculated dimension against an expression. The reason is that there is no outer aggregation around the aggr(). In some cases a NODISTINCT and/or a TOTAL statement may helpful but I suggest that you split at first the comparing parts in separate expressions to find the right ones before you tries to nest them within a cluster-logic.