Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikola1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Frequent connection lost, but only on Apple devices

Hello,

I need your help! We are getting the following error only on Apple devices (iPad, iPhone, Mac book) while using Safari browser after 5-10 seconds of inactivity on the Qlik Sense:

nikola1_0-1637744607129.png

We do have two Qlik Sense servers (Dev and Prod) and one of them (the Prod) do have Trusted CA signed SSL certificate and other (the Dev) don`t have it... and issue with Apple devices is happening on both servers (Prod and Dev). I am mentioning this hence I saw some other solution that is pointing on SSL issue with Safari. Also we have tried to increase and decrease Keep Alive, but still issue is appearing. In the Qlik Sense logs we are not able to find anything suspicious. All the other clients, which are not using Apple device (Windows and Linux) do not experience this issue while accessing our QS servers.

Both QlikSense servers are with November 2021 version.

Do you know some solution that we can try in order to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Nikola

2 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@nikola1

If you can open the apps and they can use it does not sound like a certificate or web-socket issue. 

If all users connect the same way (VPN, in office etc), and since it works with Windows/Linux this has to be a iOS issue so it is hard to say.  

nikola1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Maria_Halley,

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, all users are connecting the same way. Well, Prod QS is open to the public internet, and everyone can reach it that way and Dev QS is only going trough our corporate SSTP VPN and same issue is happening for both servers, so I would say that this should not be a network related issue (hence different network routes). We have also tested the Websocket by asking users to check this url: https://websocketstest.com/ and all seams to work ok (results like on picture below):

nikola1_0-1637748752004.png