Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fabien
Contributor III
Contributor III

Function not working in expression GetFieldSelections('$(=

Hi all,

Please forgive my ignorance if this is a silly question, but this really got me stuck and i fail to understand why...

=if(GetFieldSelections('$(=If(SHIPCOMP_NAME='-',Null(),SHIPCOMP_NAME))')=('ANL'),SCOPE,'Not available for this Carrier')

Screenshot - 31_01_2020 , 11_51_21 AM.png

If you ask why i am using: '$(=If(SHIPCOMP_NAME='-',Null(),SHIPCOMP_NAME))' it is simply because I have set filter panes althroughout my app with the same expression, however considering i am still not getting the correct result, i probably should stick to the below (that doesn't work either):

=if(GetFieldSelections(SHIPCOMP_NAME)=('ANL'),SCOPE,'Not available for this Carrier')

Thanks for any enlightenment you could give me! 😁

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UserID2626
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

if you select more than one value your condition will fails, because get filed selection will pick all the values selected from that field.

=if('$(=GetFieldSelections(Date))'=('ANL'),'SCOPE','Not available for this Carrier')

Image.JPG

View solution in original post

1 Reply
UserID2626
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

if you select more than one value your condition will fails, because get filed selection will pick all the values selected from that field.

=if('$(=GetFieldSelections(Date))'=('ANL'),'SCOPE','Not available for this Carrier')

Image.JPG