Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fabien
Contributor III
Contributor III

Function not working in expression GetFieldSelections('$(=

Hi all,

Please forgive my ignorance if this is a silly question, but this really got me stuck and i fail to understand why...

=if(GetFieldSelections('$(=If(SHIPCOMP_NAME='-',Null(),SHIPCOMP_NAME))')=('ANL'),SCOPE,'Not available for this Carrier')

Screenshot - 31_01_2020 , 11_51_21 AM.png

If you ask why i am using: '$(=If(SHIPCOMP_NAME='-',Null(),SHIPCOMP_NAME))' it is simply because I have set filter panes althroughout my app with the same expression, however considering i am still not getting the correct result, i probably should stick to the below (that doesn't work either):

=if(GetFieldSelections(SHIPCOMP_NAME)=('ANL'),SCOPE,'Not available for this Carrier')

Thanks for any enlightenment you could give me! 😁

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UserID2626
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

if you select more than one value your condition will fails, because get filed selection will pick all the values selected from that field.

=if('$(=GetFieldSelections(Date))'=('ANL'),'SCOPE','Not available for this Carrier')

Image.JPG

View solution in original post

1 Reply
UserID2626
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

if you select more than one value your condition will fails, because get filed selection will pick all the values selected from that field.

=if('$(=GetFieldSelections(Date))'=('ANL'),'SCOPE','Not available for this Carrier')

Image.JPG