Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flxvio043
Contributor III
Contributor III

Gantt Chart Dimensions

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all fine.

I have a question regarding a new gantt chart that i created. I have multiple dimensions which all will be displaied like this:

Flxvio043_0-1682331159430.png

Is it possible to only show the dates (Actual Submission Approval) dates where the last dimension is and not for every dimension the same date time. So only in line 4-5 and 8 the date should be in this case and for the others it should be empty. How can i archive this?

Thanks and best regards 

Flavio

@stevedark  maybe do you know something about that also?

Labels (6)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Flxvio043 

I don't have the Gantt extension on my server, so I can't see how it functions. Which extension are you using?

If you always have multiple Indications for a product then you could do something like:

=if(not IsNull(Only(Indication)), [Actual Submission Date], null())

But in the example you show there are some where there is only a single indication for that product and strength.

My thought of sorting it in the load script wouldn't work, given how the dimensions are working in the gantt.

You could see how the gantt extension handles dimensionality, and add a measure with simply =dimensionality(). If this gives a different number for each level of dimension (as it would in a pivot chart) you could then do:

=if(dimensionality() = 4, [Actual Submission Date], null())

I've no way of testing if this will work though.

As an aside, I see you are in pharma. You might therefore be interested in this demo I have showing prescribing of diabetes drugs in the UK:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/sense/prescribe.html

The template for the app can be downloaded and then populated with your own data. I'm afraid there is no gantt chart in there yet though...

Steve

View solution in original post

8 Replies
vikasmahajan

Hi,

Did you check this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUcz3q4wf6k

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Flxvio043
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @vikasmahajan ,

Thank you for your answer

Unfortunately that is not what i need. I already have the gantt Chart and it is working. I just want not to display all the dates

Thanks and best regards

vikasmahajan

can you give sample data?

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Flxvio043 

I'm not quite sure what I am looking at here. Is it that your brand name dimension is tabbed in a number of levels, and you only want to show the date on the lowest level?

Is the date in the same table as the dimension, or is it in an associated table?

If it is in one table and it is correct about the tabbing in, you could create a second dimension in the load script?

LOAD
   [Original Brand Name],
   [Actual Submission Date],
   if(left([Original Brand Name], 8 ) = '        ', [Actual Submission Date], null()) as [Actual Submission Last],

If your data is not structured in that way please help me understand it so I can help.

Steve

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/blog/

Flxvio043
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @stevedark 

Thank you for your answer. I think you understood it correctly. I have at the moment one dimension with a Original Brand Name and some kind of different levels of brand name (the global brand name is divided into several smaller levels like strength of to product or the form). For each of this it shows at the moment the Actual Submission date and the Actual Approval Date. But I only want to show this on the last level like you described.

Unfortunately I do not unerstand the second dimension solution. Please help me to understand why a second dimension and how this will help to not have the dates at the higher level. Can you please explain to me:) 

My Dimensions look at the moment like This:

Flxvio043_0-1682405057410.png

And for the Measures I have Submissiona and Approval which is for the chart and the other 4 are for showing the dates on the left side:

Flxvio043_1-1682405135488.png

Thank you very much and kind regards

Flavio

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Flxvio043 

I don't have the Gantt extension on my server, so I can't see how it functions. Which extension are you using?

If you always have multiple Indications for a product then you could do something like:

=if(not IsNull(Only(Indication)), [Actual Submission Date], null())

But in the example you show there are some where there is only a single indication for that product and strength.

My thought of sorting it in the load script wouldn't work, given how the dimensions are working in the gantt.

You could see how the gantt extension handles dimensionality, and add a measure with simply =dimensionality(). If this gives a different number for each level of dimension (as it would in a pivot chart) you could then do:

=if(dimensionality() = 4, [Actual Submission Date], null())

I've no way of testing if this will work though.

As an aside, I see you are in pharma. You might therefore be interested in this demo I have showing prescribing of diabetes drugs in the UK:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/sense/prescribe.html

The template for the app can be downloaded and then populated with your own data. I'm afraid there is no gantt chart in there yet though...

Steve

Flxvio043
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @stevedark ,

You are just great! Thank you very much. I could fix it with the conditionality function. I'm so Happy now :).
You are the greatest IT Support that I ever had🙂

Thank you very much I will also check later your Qlik you provided.

Best regards

Flavio

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Flxvio043 

Pleased to hear that it worked for you.

Cheers,

Steve