Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Breezy
Creator II
Creator II

GetCurrentSelection does not work properly

Hi,

This is my first time using the "GetCurrentSelections" function. In my first two examples it appears to work how I want it to work. However, in my third example of my KPI , when I choose two people from "FirstName", it just gives me a dash line instead of the two people! How do I resolve this? It should say "Matt, Linda."

QlikKPI_Name_Example.JPG

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

You're referring directly to the field "FirstName" in the first condition of your if-statement. I suspect you need to aggregate that values of that field somehow, probably like this:

=if(Count(GetCurrentSelections()) > 0, Concat(Distinct FirstName, ', '), 'Please select a name')

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

You're referring directly to the field "FirstName" in the first condition of your if-statement. I suspect you need to aggregate that values of that field somehow, probably like this:

=if(Count(GetCurrentSelections()) > 0, Concat(Distinct FirstName, ', '), 'Please select a name')

Breezy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yessssssssss. That worked! Thank you! 🙂

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Good! But you might want to have a look at this function:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/Field...

It allows you to show only the selected values in a specific field.

Breezy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I'll take a look. Thanks!