Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CuriousGeorge
Contributor II
Contributor II

GetFieldSelections for year

I have the original code as such and it works: 

if(GetFieldSelections([Product]) = 'A', avg(123), if(GetFieldSelections([Product]) = 'B', avg(525), avg(346)))

However, now I need to add an additional field selections for year and it doesn't work. It just not able to recognize this field name. I tried with/without '2022', but still didn't work. 

if(GetFieldSelections([Product]) = 'A' and GetFieldSelections(Year(Date))='2022', avg(123), if(GetFieldSelections([Product]) = 'B' and GetFieldSelections(Year(Date))='2022', avg(525), avg(346)))

Labels (5)
3 Replies
CuriousGeorge
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I just tried this - NUM(Year(date#(GetFieldSelections(CreatedDate),'YYYY')))

but it is not working too. 

sasikanth
Master
Master

Try this, 

=if(GetFieldSelections([Product]) = 'A' and Year(GetFieldSelections( Date))='2022', avg(123), if(GetFieldSelections([Product]) = 'B' and  Year(GetFieldSelections( Date))='2022', avg(525), avg(346)))

( OR )

=if(GetFieldSelections([Product]) = 'A' and

Year(Date(Date#(GetFieldSelections(Date),'DDMMYYYY'),'DDMMYYYY'))='2022', avg(123),

if(GetFieldSelections([Product]) = 'B' and 

Year(Date(Date#(GetFieldSelections(Date),'DDMMYYYY'),'DDMMYYYY'))='2022',  avg(525),  avg(346)))

If there is any format issue, better to fix it at script level and use option1 to get desired result

Thanks, 

Sasi

marcus_sommer

Why not just creating appropriate period-fields within the calendar and accessing them directly where needed instead of doing all the converting/formatting stuff by each call again and again.

- Marcus