cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anarose192
Contributor
Contributor

Handling Duplicates Causing Incorrect Count in Qlik Sense

I've been encountering an issue with duplicate entries in my data causing incorrect counts in Qlik Sense. I've reviewed similar threads, but haven't found a solution that works for my specific case. Has anyone faced a similar problem and found an effective way to address it? I'm looking for suggestions or best practices to ensure accurate counts while dealing with duplicates.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Without seeing your data model, your script, or your expression, it is impossible to answer why you get "incorrect" numbers. It could be a join in the script - or an expression with an implicit Cartesian product inside the aggregation (e.g. Sum(Field1 * Field2) where Field1 and Field2 are in different data tables and have a many-to-many relationship).

But I can tell you that the Qlik engine does not return incorrect numbers, given the data model and the expression. If it had been a bug, we would have seen it in other situations.

So you need to look at the data model and the expressions.

maheshkuttappa
Creator II
Creator II

Can you provide more information, Like what are you trying to count? How does your data look like? why are you having duplicate values?