Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ciara
Creator
Creator

Help displaying field on pivot table

Hi All

After my data load I have data like below.

Ciara_0-1613123635029.png

I'd like to display it like below

Ciara_1-1613123694088.png

As you can see, on 01/02/2021 because there are 2 entries for the afternoon slot if doesn't display either of them.

How can I build my pivot table so that it displays all entries.

Or indeed if anyone has any other suggestions for best ways to display the data in the first screenshot please feel free to suggest 😊  I'll try anything if it just makes it look a little bit more 'readable'

TIA

Ciara

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PradeepK
Creator II
Creator II

Not sure why you want to use text field in Pivot table cells..

Anyways .. It's showing Null because there are more than one possible values. You can wrap your measure in Concat()

Concat(distinct <Field>, '|')

If you want to show it in separate cells; Add <field> as row or column dimension

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PradeepK
Creator II
Creator II

Not sure why you want to use text field in Pivot table cells..

Anyways .. It's showing Null because there are more than one possible values. You can wrap your measure in Concat()

Concat(distinct <Field>, '|')

If you want to show it in separate cells; Add <field> as row or column dimension

Ciara
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Pradeep

Thanks for your response.

The reason I chose a pivot table is so that I could display the date in the row and separate the morning sessions  from the afternoon sessions.

It's rare that a session would be split between 2 surgeons but it does happen the odd time (as in the case for 01/02/2021 afternoon session)

Your suggestion worked beautifully.

Thanks so much

Ciara