Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriskan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hide dimension column in pivot table

Hi all,

I have 2 dimension columns in my pivot table which sort the order of my measure columns very nicely. However, the first dimension column doesn't need to be visible. Is there any way I can hide this column without losing the structure of my pivot table?

Ideally, I'd like the entire column hidden, rather than this greyed out column.

Thanks!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Javizh
Partner - Contributor III

Hello @chriskan 

If the only thing the first dimension does is ordering the second dimension,Ii would suggest to delete the first dimension from the table and order the second dimension by an expresion.

Then you create an expression with the rank function to sort it. Let me show you an example:

I have the following pivot table, with my desired order (The Category field with alphabetical order)

Javizh_0-1693571557900.png

However, If I delete the first dimension, i got this order, which i dont want.

Javizh_1-1693571635562.png

But if in the "Order by expression" in the Subcategory field, I use the rank funcion this way:

• rank(Category)*10000+rank(Subcategory)

(I multiply the Category rank by 10000 because I want it to preveil in the order)

Then I get the order I had in the first screenshot, whitout the first dimension.

Javizh_3-1693571959970.png

You can try and replicate something like this for your dimensions.

Attached is the example qvf.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Javizh

Hello @chriskan 

If the only thing the first dimension does is ordering the second dimension,Ii would suggest to delete the first dimension from the table and order the second dimension by an expresion.

Then you create an expression with the rank function to sort it. Let me show you an example:

I have the following pivot table, with my desired order (The Category field with alphabetical order)

Javizh_0-1693571557900.png

However, If I delete the first dimension, i got this order, which i dont want.

Javizh_1-1693571635562.png

But if in the "Order by expression" in the Subcategory field, I use the rank funcion this way:

• rank(Category)*10000+rank(Subcategory)

(I multiply the Category rank by 10000 because I want it to preveil in the order)

Then I get the order I had in the first screenshot, whitout the first dimension.

Javizh_3-1693571959970.png

You can try and replicate something like this for your dimensions.

Attached is the example qvf.

Best regards.

chriskan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This worked perfectly, thank you!!