Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jberry
Contributor
Contributor

Highest Sales Store KPI

Hi, 

I'm using the below code to try and show the highest sales store in my KPI. Can anyone suggest why it returns a dash instead of a Store Name please?

if(FirstSortedValue([Retailer Name],-Aggr(Sum([Sales Value Gross]),[Retailer Name]))=[Retailer Name],
([Retailer Name]),
null())

I used this code because I successfully got a KPI to show the busiest day using the following code:

if(FirstSortedValue([Day Of Week],-Aggr(Sum([Sales Value Gross]),[Day Of Week]))=6,
subfield(LongDayNames,';',0),
subfield(LongDayNames,';',(FirstSortedValue([Day Of Week],-Aggr(Sum([Sales Value Gross]),[Day Of Week])))+1))

Thanks,

Jen

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mathumitha
Partner - Contributor III

Is it possible to share the sample data? @Jberry 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Mathumitha

Hi @Jberry ,

You'll be able to get the desired output without using the if condition.

Like this,

FirstSortedValue([Retailer Name],-Aggr(Sum([Sales Value Gross]),[Retailer Name]))

If you need to use if  condition, then you do as mentioned below,

if(len(FirstSortedValue([Retailer Name],-Aggr(Sum([Sales Value Gross]),[Retailer Name])))>0,
FirstSortedValue([Retailer Name],-Aggr(Sum([Sales Value Gross]),[Retailer Name])),
null())

Jberry
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank-you for this @Mathumitha - I have applied this expression and it works perfectly!

I am having a similar issue trying to find the store name with the highest wastage (formula below)? I applied the same logic as above only I changed the Sales Value Gross with 'Wastage Cost Value'. The expression appears to be ok in but it isn't giving me the store name:

if(len(FirstSortedValue([Retailer Name],-Aggr(Sum([Wastage Cost Value]),[Retailer Name])))>0,
FirstSortedValue([Retailer Name],-Aggr(Sum([Wastage Cost Value]),[Retailer Name])),
null()) 

I also tried this formula but it is just the same:

FirstSortedValue([Retailer Name],-Aggr(Sum([Wastage Cost Value]),[Retailer Name]))

Mathumitha

Is it possible to share the sample data? @Jberry 

Jberry
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Mathumitha Thank you very much for your help with that! Got sorted!