Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Javi_90
Contributor
Contributor

Highlight Active Button for the Current Sheet

Hello,

I'm working on a Qlik Sense custom theme and need help with highlighting the active button for the current sheet. I'm using buttons as quick links to navigate between different sheets, and I want the button corresponding to the active sheet to stand out visually.

Is it possible to achieve this highlighting effect in Qlik Sense? I've explored various options but haven't found a straightforward solution.

If anyone has experience or knowledge in this area, I would greatly appreciate your insights and suggestions. Can this be accomplished using extensions or other methods?

Thank you for your assistance.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NiTo
Creator
Creator

Hi,

If you want to highlight each button wrt color. Then first you need to crate a variable and assign a color there. For eg:  =Red();

Green();

Blue();

Or any other color of your choice. Now select the buttong which you want to highlight, go to presentation, select styling,  in styling select Chart, under chart select Background options and there select color by expression and use the variable that you assigned earlier. Repeat these steps for all the buttons on different sheet.

On sheet 1 select button 1, on 2nd sheet button 2nd and so on.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
saso70
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi you can use ObjectId('sheet') function if you using qlik sense May 2023 version , if you using other  version , you can create variable vSheet and set variable on every sheet in action section, for example sheet 1 set variable to vSheet and for value add 1 , for second sheet set value 2 and etc .  now on button background color  add condition if(vSheet=1,'#000000','#ffffff')

NiTo
Creator
Creator

Hi,

If you want to highlight each button wrt color. Then first you need to crate a variable and assign a color there. For eg:  =Red();

Green();

Blue();

Or any other color of your choice. Now select the buttong which you want to highlight, go to presentation, select styling,  in styling select Chart, under chart select Background options and there select color by expression and use the variable that you assigned earlier. Repeat these steps for all the buttons on different sheet.

On sheet 1 select button 1, on 2nd sheet button 2nd and so on.

Javi_90
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you both very much for your responses. I believe both solutions could have worked without issue, but unfortunately, it seems that we're not using the standard Qlik Sense buttons (which do allow background modification using an expression), but we're using navigation buttons very similar to those of an extension created by Stefan Walthers (https://shorturl.at/lrBH8). These buttons don't allow modifying the background color by expressions, although they do allow setting the value of a variable, so maybe something can work out. If anyone comes up with a solution that could work for me, I would be very grateful. Many thanks.

Navigation_Button_2.png

Navigation_Button_3.png

NiTo
Creator
Creator

Hi,

The solution I provided was for the navigation button. Please follow the steps and you would be able to change the color of the navigation button.