Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mijileee
Partner - Newbie
Partner - Newbie

How To Resolve Join Errors

Hi All,

I'm still learning more about Qlik Sense and was wondering if anyone had tips or insights to troubleshooting issues with joins.

When I create key fields to link the tables in my data load editor, I'm not sure how to check whether or not they are joining correctly. I find this even harder when I do a LEFT/OUTER join in my script to pull the necessary data.

Basically, when you notice your joins are incorrect what do you do to fix them?

Thank you!

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Should be 100% inthe DImension table. It may be less than 100% in a Fact table.  For example, consider an Orders fact table that contains 2 years of orders.  Also a Customers table that contains all customers, linked by CustomerId.  In the last 2 years,  only 70% of your customers have placed an order.   Subset Ratio for CustomerId in the Orders table will be 100%, in the Customers table 70%.

-Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The first method to validate your joins is to examine the subset ratio of the key fields in the data model viewer. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/DataModeling/preview...

-Rob

mijileee
Partner - Newbie
Partner - Newbie
Author

Thanks Rob! The subset ratio should be 100% for all key fields correct?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Should be 100% inthe DImension table. It may be less than 100% in a Fact table.  For example, consider an Orders fact table that contains 2 years of orders.  Also a Customers table that contains all customers, linked by CustomerId.  In the last 2 years,  only 70% of your customers have placed an order.   Subset Ratio for CustomerId in the Orders table will be 100%, in the Customers table 70%.

-Rob

mijileee
Partner - Newbie
Partner - Newbie
Author

Thank you! That example was really helpful.