Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I visualize multiple reporting lines and organization levels ?

I have been trying to graphically represent a data set which has name s of employees in rows with their department and related data in columns. In the columns there is also data on the reporting level (say N is the head of the organization, then N-2 all report to N and N-2 reports to N-1 level and so on. My data is on on single excel file. I was wondering how to build a  pyramidal graph where I can determine the span of control for each level etc., besides a overview of the levels. Can anyone help here  ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karthikeyan. That is definitely one way to visualize and I will try that. However, I would still like a more bar -graph (pyramidal) so as to represent the organization better

View solution in original post

7 Replies
karthikeyan1504
Creator III
Creator III

Treemap should help you with the dimension of hierarchy categories...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karthikeyan. That is definitely one way to visualize and I will try that. However, I would still like a more bar -graph (pyramidal) so as to represent the organization better

karthikeyan1504
Creator III
Creator III

I understand you would like to have hierarchy tree which gives a top to bottom management herarchy, who is reporting to whom...

The visualisation is not readily availabe.. If i come across any extensions which depicts the same.. I will let you know.

Warm Regards,

Karthikeyan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karthikeyan

marcus_sommer

Maybe this is helpful Organization Chart (Version 3) and I remember that there is some kind of orga-chart within the qlik demo-extensions which came by the installation.

- Marcus

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check this link, hope it helps you.

branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?388-Orgchart-Extension-for-Sense

Regards,

jagan.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

here are a couple of extensions out there that might be useful to you.

Orgchart Extension for Sense

or

Chord Diagram

Regards

Andy