Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can you calculate the variance of two columns in a pivot table?

Hi,

I have created a pivot table which has values as the rows and the financial year (FY18, FY19, etc) as the columns. I have calculated the different values as shown in the attachment. I am trying to insert a variance column after the FY19 column that calculates the variance between FY18 and FY19. Does anybody know how I can do that?

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Sumanth

5 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Do you need this as  a pivot table ?

You can do this in a straight table using set analysis.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Enable totals for the year dimension and use Dimensionality() or SecondaryDimensionality() to calculate the variance conditionally in the total column.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
thannila
Creator
Creator

Could you attach the sample data?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lisa,

In a straight table would I be able to get the calculated values (as shown in the image attached earlier) in the row and the dimension in the column. When I tried to do it, straight table does not have the option to do so! Hence I used pivot table.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

I am new to Qlik sense and never used Dimensionality. Can you please help me with the syntax or the process to do it?

Thanks.