Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mch201
Contributor III
Contributor III

How do I create charts with existing data in Qliksense

I am new to Qlik Sense & I am trying to create visualizations using the data we already have in Qlik Sense.

This data is in form of a table but I cant figure out how to use this data to create charts and other visualizations. I have watched tutorials where a new Excel file is uploaded into a new app to create charts but i havent found any resources to learn how to create a visuals with existing data in Qlik Sense in form of a table

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

One option will be to explore the insights advisor. Open your app and create a new sheet. Based on the version, on the top screen look for the Insights option. 

Click on the Generate insights button to get started. Based on your data it will show a suggestion of charts that you can add to the sheets.  

skamath1_0-1610987884105.png

check the video from Qlik help site https://help.qlik.com/en-US/video/dSPp6t16mJg

View solution in original post

skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

You can add them to new sheet just to know that you have created them. It is all stored in the same app.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

One option will be to explore the insights advisor. Open your app and create a new sheet. Based on the version, on the top screen look for the Insights option. 

Click on the Generate insights button to get started. Based on your data it will show a suggestion of charts that you can add to the sheets.  

skamath1_0-1610987884105.png

check the video from Qlik help site https://help.qlik.com/en-US/video/dSPp6t16mJg

Mch201
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Okay, that worked. one last follow-up question that i have is that after generating insights. Do I add the insights to a new sheet or the sheet where my data(table) is??

skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

You can add them to new sheet just to know that you have created them. It is all stored in the same app.

Mch201
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Is there a way to create a sheet inside the current sheet? I don't want to overpopulate the homepage with a lot of new sheets as other people might not like it.