Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christer
Contributor II
Contributor II

How do I divide every column in the table with Column 1 (start 2023)

Hi,

How do I divide every column in the table with Column 1 (start 2023)

Labels (3)
5 Replies
F_B
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @Christer ,

could you please explain your request with more details?

Christer
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @F_B ,

I have table in Qlik and I want to add an expression (formula) that calculates every column with Column 2 (START 2023). Example: w0423 / Start 2023, so I get an Index instead of actual numbers for every row.

Christer_1-1716549113807.png

F_B
Creator III
Creator III

Ok, still not sure how to approach it. What are START 2023 and w0423 in your data model? Are they simple fields, fields calculated in data load editor, measues, master measures? I guess you don't like the idea of using w0423 / Start 2023 and so on for every column.

Christer
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @F_B ,

The columns Start 2023 etcetera are only simple fields. And I would like to have a formula col(x) / col (START 2023) and so on. So I like the idea of using the columns but I cant get the formula right.

F_B
Creator III
Creator III

Well, I like your idea! This is something you might prefer to do in the load editor.

Can't think about the details right now, but I imagine you'll need to create a variable to store a dynamic index for your columns, then set a for-loop so the script looks through each field and then, loads a new table with the calculated fields you are looking for.