Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
senerustunerciyas
Partner - Contributor III

How do we store the daily incoming data and compare it with the data captured in the past

How do we store the daily incoming data and compare it with the data captured in the past ? Let's also consider storing it as a QVD.

Suppose we have data like this:

date sales sales amount
01/01/2023 5250 500
01/01/2023 500 20
01/01/2023 100 5

I want to compare this data uploaded to my hub with the current data that will be uploaded instead. Let's also consider storing it as a QVD. Suppose this data is as follows:

date sales sales amount
01/02/2023 500 25
01/02/2023 1200 75
01/02/2023 500

I want to get a result like this:

date Sum(sales) Sum([sales amount])
01/01/2023 5850 525  
01/02/2023 2200 120  

Scenarios such as comparing the 4th day with the first 3 days or comparing the 2nd day with the 1st day can be considered.

Note: Let's not forget that the data is taken daily with the help of tasks.

Labels (5)
4 Replies
senerustunerciyas
Author

Is there any support ?

Or
MVP
MVP

I don't really understand what it is you're asking. If you'd like to store your data into a QVD, you can do that. If you'd like to append a day of data each time, you can do that by loading the existing data and concatenating the current data. This is all fairly standard stuff and covered by the documentation. I would advise against treating QVDs as a database, though, for a number of reasons. It's better to store the data somewhere "safer" if that's feasible.

If I misunderstood what it is you're trying to do, perhaps you could elaborate?

senerustunerciyas
Author

The data is taken from the database daily and written on the qvd. I want to save the data about the past and compare the past with the present. My main purpose is to compare.

Or
MVP
MVP

If your data is a snapshot, then you would do this by storing, and then load + concatenate each day.

If your data is transactional, you could just pull the data each day (or set up an incremental reload if that's relevant and desired). Your comparison can happen on the front end.