Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tofanz
Contributor
Contributor

How to Accumulates Sales Qty Rolling Starting From April to March

Hi All,

I have a requirement to accumulate sales qty starting from April to March in our fiscal year.

So far i tried to create a formula but still did not get what i want because the value starting from January.

this is my formula:

Sum(Aggr(RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({<
[FiscalMonth]=
>}
QTY_W_SALES),0,RowNo(Total))),[FiscalMonth]))

This is the result :

fiscal_amount.jpg

how can i get the proper formula to have "accum" value start summarizing in April not in January ?

regarding our fiscal year starting in April.

Thank You for your help,

Tofanz

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Have you tried just this

RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({<[FiscalMonth]>} QTY_W_SALES), 0, RowNo(TOTAL)))

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Please change below variable from 

SET FirstMonthOfYear=1;

to

SET FirstMonthOfYear=4;

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Tofanz
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Dear Anil,

Thank for your reply.
but i already did that in my Data load editor. as you can see in FiscalMonth column, April already become the first Month in the fiscal year.

but i still haven't figure it out why the formula in "Accum" measurement starting in January

Sameer9585
Creator II
Creator II

Can you please tell me the of january means example one entry,
Tofanz
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Dear Sameer,

i'm sorry if my question and explanation didn't clear regarding this is my first time to post a question in this forum and my writing in english is very poor.

My current issue is I want accumulate Sales Qty in Fiscal year Starting April 2018 - March 2019.

Unfortunately my formula just see the first Month of the common Year date which is Start from January - December. and the result become Jan 2019 - Dec 2018.

Current.jpg

and my goal is like this pict below:

tobe.jpg

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try sorting the aggr by FiscalMonth:

Sum(Aggr(RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({<[FiscalMonth]=>}QTY_W_SALES),0,RowNo(Total))),FiscalMonth], ([FiscalMonth], (Numeric, Ascending)) ))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Sameer9585
Creator II
Creator II

ok try this?
Pick(Match(FiscalMonthName, 'Jan', 'Feb', 'Mar', 'Apr', 'May', 'Jun', 'Jul', 'Aug', 'Sep', 'Oct', 'Nov', 'Dec'),'10','11','12','1','2','3','4','5', '6', '7','8','9') and name this as Month and then apply formula as
Sum(Aggr(RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({< Month=>}QTY_W_SALES),0,RowNo(Total))),Month))
Tofanz
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Dear Gysbert,

i already try your way but still had same result
sunny_talwar

Have you tried just this

RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({<[FiscalMonth]>} QTY_W_SALES), 0, RowNo(TOTAL)))
Tofanz
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Dear Sameer,

I'm trying your way but still confuse how do I put the pick function regarding i'm new in qliksense